(This part is the same as in my previous post. So, I will just quote it from my first report)
The project that I have taken charge of is OroCommerce.
As described, OroCommerce is another revolutionary product from the team that knows the blend of Commerce and Customer Management. OroCommerce is the only true B2B eCommerce platform built with out-of-the-box features and ultimate flexibility.
There are several noticeable features that I want to point out here. Firstly, it helps users build their online presence. It doesn't matter if you're digitizing your catalog, building a customer portal, or rolling out a complete B2C or B2B eCommerce strategy. You will expand your business into new markets with an online and mobile presence.
Additionally, it gets eCommerce & CRM All-in-One. People can use the built-in CRM to gain a 360-degree view of all customer touch-points. To be more specific, sales, marketing, customer support, and eCommerce teams all will be on the same page.
Finally, it is a platform for All Your Commerce. Indeed, it addresses all B2B, B2C, and B2X (B2B2B, B2B2C, etc.) scenarios in a single platform regardless if you're a manufacturer, distributor, wholesaler, retailer, or brand.
As a translator of the project, I have a great chance to have a deep understanding of its values and its complexity. I believe it is an incredibly active environment where Vietnamese enterprises can keep and attract more customers, thereby making more profits. I think it is somehow beneficial for Vietnamese readers to broaden their knowledge by learning the platform. Sometimes, there are several difficult terms but my other team members especially the Language Moderator and I have conferred to find the most appropriate translated words, resulting in a quality translation.
- Translation Overview:
This is my 9th translation for OroCommerce project. My motivation is that I desire to be able to help Vietnamese community access enormous knowledge from overseas in the role of a translator. I hope that my work will help Vietnamese citizens especially employees working for different enterprises have a deep understanding of the platform through reading the document. I also strongly believe in the concept of open source and in helping each other.
My work involves a translation of OroCommerce from English to Vietnamese. This time, I had to deal with several parts of the project. Thanks to that, I could somehow imagine clearly about what I've been taking care of and understood more about the marketing field. However, there were some terminologies that I was concerned a bit with, so I had to look them up in the specialized dictionary and went to the Internet to obtain more information and search for the exact Vietnamese meanings of the words translated. Additionally, I asked Carlpei for some suggestions to make sure the strings translated were correct.
This time, I've already got familiar with the project and the strings were quite clear to translate. Therefore, I didn't face any huge difficulties during the work. However, in this part I still found something that may interest you, which will be represented below.
_Ceil (Price Ceilings): Giá trần
Price Ceilings are maximum prices set by the government for particular goods and services that they believe are being sold at too high of a price and thus consumers need some help purchasing them. Price ceilings only become a problem when they are set below the market equilibrium price.
When the ceiling is set below the market price, there will be excess demand or a supply shortage. Producers won't produce as much at the lower price, while consumers will demand more because the goods are cheaper. Demand will outstrip supply, so there will be a lot of people who want to buy at this lower price but can't. Still, if the demand curve is relatively elastic, then the net effect to consumer surplus will be positive. Producers are truly harmed, as their surplus is doubly hit with a reduction in the number of firms willing to take that lower price, and those who remain in the market have to take a lower price. (Source)
_Floor (Price Floors): Giá sàn
Price Floors are minimum prices set by the government for certain commodities and services that it believes are being sold in an unfair market with too low of a price and thus their producers deserve some assistance. Price floors are only an issue when they are set above the equilibrium price, since they have no effect if they are set below market clearing price.
When they are set above the market price, then there is a possibility that there will be an excess supply or a surplus. If this happens, producers who can't foresee trouble ahead will produce the larger quantity where the new price intersects their supply curve. Unbeknownst to them, consumers will not buy that many goods at the higher price and so those goods will go unsold. (Source)
The project's source language is English and it was translated into Vietnamese (my mother tongue). In addition to collaborating on Open Source Projects on Crowdin, I also work as an interpreter for some projects in Vietnam. I also gained some experience of translation when doing scientific research at school. You can read more about my English ability through my application post.
Part 9 : 1244 translated words ( 1367 words in total, 123 untranslated words)
Proof of Authorship
You can lookup Crowdin project on the following link, as well as the summary of my activities:
My previous contributions
- [Translation][Vietnamese] FreeCAD (Part 28 ) [Completed]
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1056 words) (Part 1)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1027 words) (Part 2)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1031 words) (Part 3)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1215 words) (Part 4)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1432 words) (Part 5)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1046 words) (Part 6)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1052 words) (Part 7)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1235 words) (Part 8)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1431 words) (Part 9)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1047 words) (Part 10)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1022 words) (Part 11)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1234 words) (Part 12)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1242 words) (Part 13)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1263 words) (Part 14)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1259 words) (Part 15)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1262 words) (Part 16)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCRM (1236 words) (Part 17)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCommerce (1257 words) (Part 1)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCommerce (1251 words) (Part 2)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCommerce (1270 words) (Part 3)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCommerce (1248 words) (Part 4)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCommerce (1243 words) (Part 5)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCommerce (1257 words) (Part 6)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCommerce (1245 words) (Part 7)
- [Translation][Vietnamese] OroCommerce (1256 words) (Part 8)
Thank you - Vietnamese Language Moderator Carlpei for your tireless effort on reviewing our translations and supporting us during our translating work!
A big thank to other members of Vietnamese translation team for supporting me: lenancie, lantracy and adam.tran.
Last but not least, special thanks to Davinci & Utopian collaboration for running and developing this incredibly meaningful program !