Bayanihan Curation Project Updates: 2018 May 20
The past eight months saw many changes in @bayanihan, and the team is continually doing its best to improve its operations. This post will focus on current updates within @bayanihan, directed on our objectives to:
- Find and support Filipino Steemians and
- Promote content creation, especially in Filipino and other local Philippine languages.
Particularly, we're going to be expounding on:
- Curation updates,
- Support for sub-community projects, and
- Curator updates.
Curation updatesThe @bayanihan team is working to deliver its services to the Philippine Steemit community in the best way possible. In line with this, we have practiced some changes to our curation operations.
- We have started [and will continue] featuring excellent posts tagged #philippines and/or #pilipinas by Filipino authors in the past few weeks. 500% worth of upvote weight was distributed to featured posts.
- For normal curation operations, we will upvote with a fixed 10%, depending on our voting power.
Posting reminders and tips:
- Please use the tags #philippines and/or #pilipinas (especially for posts written in Filipino or other local Philippine languages).
- Always cite your sources properly, if there are any. If you do not have your own pictures to go with your blog, use images from freepik.com, pixabay.com, and other open-source image websites as much as possible.
- Be cautious of the information you put out here. Anything relatively personal (including pictures that show your face or details about where you live) posted here on Steemit will forever be on the blockchain.
Extending the blessings: supporting community projectsThe Philippine Steemit community keeps growing everyday, and many projects have since been initiated to promote service to the Philippine community. Here, we define community projects as:
- Projects aimed at supporting a specific niche and
- Personal initiatives including — but not limited to — fundraising and contests benefiting either an individual or the Steemit community.
In this regard, the @bayanihan team has come to an agreement regarding extension of support to community projects. It is expected to begin by the first weekend of June 2018. Below are further details.
How will it work?
- Maximum of 10 community projects will be supported by @bayanihan. In case the number of nominated projects exceeds the set threshold, we will consider either a wait-list or an exception.
- Selected projects would receive support for 4 weekends. Extension of duration of support is subject to further deliberation depending on a project's progress within the 4 weekends it is involved with @bayanihan and the extent of its need for support.
- Support to chosen projects would be given exclusively every Saturday and Sunday, in the form of 100% upvote to their posts.
- For each selected project, a maximum of 2 posts per weekend will be upvoted.
Which projects are supported?
At the moment, we have 3 prospective projects, spearheaded by some of our curators. We are open to support 7 more projects, prioritized according to their objectives and action-items.
Table 1. Prospective projects at the moment.
|01||@artguildph||@deveerei||▪ bring to attention the astonishing talents of Filipino artists to a wider audience |
▪ promote and encourage higher quality art posts and provide contests for artists to join and win.
|02||@walkofhope||@immarojas1||▪ bring Music and Arts to the underpriviledged Filipinos in our society, focusing in Visayas and Mindanao, while at the same time exposing the different cultures in different regions to the Steemit community|
▪ advocate Steemit Philippines' mission of introducing Steemit to creatives as avenue to showcasing their talents and as a means of extra income
|03||@onerace||@jassennessaj||▪ promote Filipino culture and traditions to the Steemit community by supporting posts exhibiting the diversity and beauty of Filipino culture|
1posts regarding the Walk of Hope project are currently under @immarojas
Any further questions about these projects and future selected projects can be directed to the project leads.
How to contact @bayanihan regarding sub-community projects?
You can forward your project to us by filling up this form. We will be contacting you via your preferred messaging platform.
Curator updatesWe can't end this post just yet! We have a new addition to our team, who is as dedicated as can possibly be. (And yes, she also has a beautiful heart — many from the community can attest to that.) Let us give a warm welcome to... (drum rolls)
@dandalion has been a member of the Steemit community since July 2017 and has shown a lot of love to her fellow Steemians. The rest of the team definitely looks forward to working with her and seeing the positive outcome her addition to the team would bring.
Questions, comments, suggestions?
You can drop them here at the comments section below, or contact any of us privately over at Discord.
Signed,@dandalion | @deveerei | @dreamiely | @erangvee | @immarojas | @jassennessaj | @themanualbot
The Bayanihan Curation Team