- Green Turtle -David Godfrey STC Sea turtles are massive, air-respiratory reptiles that inhabit tropical and subtropical seas during the sector. Their shells consist of an higher element (carapace) and a lower segment (plastron). difficult scales (or scutes) cover all however the leatherback, and the range and association of these scutes may be used to decide the species.
- Sea turtles come in many unique sizes, shapes and colours. The olive ridley is typically less than one hundred pounds, while the leatherback generally stages from 650 to at least one,three hundred kilos! The upper shell, or carapace, of every sea turtle species levels in length, color, shape and arrangement of scales.
- Sea turtles do not have tooth, however their jaws have changed “beaks” desirable to their unique food regimen. They do now not have seen ears but have eardrums protected by means of skin. They listen best at low frequencies, and their experience of odor is terrific. Their vision underwater is good, but they may be nearsighted out of water.
- Their streamlined bodies and huge flippers make them remarkably adapted to lifestyles at sea. however, sea turtles hold near ties to land.
Popularity of the Species
- The earliest acknowledged sea turtle fossils are about a hundred and fifty million years old. In organizations too numerous to depend, they once navigated throughout the global’s oceans. however in just the past a hundred years, call for for turtle meat, eggs, skin and colorful shells has dwindled their populations.
- Destruction of feeding and nesting habitats and pollution of the world’s oceans are all taking a critical toll on remaining sea turtle populations.
- Many breeding populations have already grow to be extinct, and whole species are being wiped out.
- There can be a time in the near future when sea turtles are simply an oddity determined only in aquariums and herbal records museums – unless action is taken nowadays.
Sea Turtle classification
Phylum : Chordata
Magnificence – Reptilia magnificence Reptilia consists of snakes, lizards, crocodiles, and turtles. Reptiles are ectothermic (bloodless-blooded) and are vertebrates (have a backbone). All
reptiles have scaly skin, breathe air with lungs, and feature a 3-chambered coronary heart. maximum reptiles lay eggs.
Order – Testudines consists of all turtles and tortoises. it's miles divided into 3 suborders. Pleurodira consists of facet-necked turtles, Cryptodira consists of
Suborder – Cryptodira consists of freshwater turtles, snapping turtles, tortoises, gentle-shelled turtles, and sea turtles.
Circle of relatives: Cheloniidae or Dermochelyidae Sea turtles fall into one in all households. family Cheloniidae consists of sea turtles that have shells protected with scutes (attractive plates).
Genus and Species Maximum scientists currently apprehend seven dwelling species of sea turtles grouped into six genera.
My drawing of the Sea Turtle
material i used to draw Turtle
A4size paper white
Procedure of the drawing
- First i draw the sketch in a paper with pencil
- Then i give details to it with black pointer and clear the pencil outline with corrector
- Than i colour my turtle and give it final look with different other things like grass and other sea creatures to make it look more appealing
I set 10% of this post beneficiary to @steemkidss